It’s the Holiday season and it seems like this time of year we always put on a few extra pounds. Not enough time to exercise, the food is warm and you are cold and not to mention the Holidays bring out the best foods EVER!
I wanted to share some healthier alternatives to your appetizer collection, whether it’s Bunco night or just get- together’s with friends and families. Below are some low carb, sugar free recipes to chose from for your eating pleasure! 🙂
- 6 large hard-boiled eggs
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 dash salt
- 2 tsps vinegar
- 1/4 cup pureed avocado
- Remove the eggs from the shells and then bisect lengthwise.
- Carefully remove and save the yolks.
- Blend all other ingredients with the yolks until smooth.
- Spoon equal portions of the mixture into the egg white halves.
Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup Splenda sweetener
- Mix all 3 ingredients together and roll into 20 balls.
- Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C). Bake for 9 to 10 minutes – bake to the size of half dollars.
- Divide the number of cookies by the carbs in the peanut butter to get a count per cookie.
- Note: you can use creamy or chunky peanut butter.
Carb: 3.06g | Prot: 3.53g | Fat: 6.70g
Butter Pecan Brittle
Sugar free delicious brittle.
- 1 cup maltitol crystals sweetener
- 8 sticks sweet cream butter
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecan nuts
- Melt the butter in a large, non-stick fry pan.
- Add the Maltitol sweetener and heat on medium, stirring until it is blended and golden.
- The mixture will separate and then blend together again. Give it time for the color to darken, but don’t over cook.
- Remove pan from heat and sprinkle nuts on the top.
- Allow to cool. Cover and let set up. If you are in a hurry, hasten the cooling by setting the pan in a larger pan of ice.
- Cover and let set up. When the brittle is cooled, break it into pieces.
- Variations: add 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut. If you use walnuts instead of pecans you can deduct all the carbs. 1 cup of peanuts makes it peanut brittle.
Carb: 0.94g | Prot: 0.62g | Fat: 8.57g
- 1 baby dill pickle
- 1 tbsp fat free cream cheese
- 1 slice dried beef
- Spread softened cream cheese on a slice of dried beef and wrap it around the pickle.
- Slice the wrapped pickle into bite-sized rounds and enjoy!
Carb: 2.08g | Prot: 2.87g | Fat: 0.05g
(makes 4 servings Super Cute! Only 35 calories each!)
1 pound fresh strawberries
1 canister whipped cream (heavy or light)
mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
Wash and hull strawberries. Slice a 1/4 inch slice on the bottom and spray 1 tablespoon of whipped cream. Place “hat” on top and dab with more whipped cream. Insert chip eyes for added cuteness. Enjoy!
If you are wondering about healthier beverages:
Gin, vodka, tequila, whiskey, and rum are distilled spirits that by definition have no carbohydrate.
- Gin and tonic (or vodka tonic)
- Jack and Coke (made with diet cola)
- Scotch and soda
- Seven and Seven (Segram’s 7 and Diet 7-Up)
- Rum and diet cola
My personal favorite for a sugar free alcoholic drink is vodka lemonade. I get Pure Lemon that comes in the bottle and make it in a gallon jug:
1 Cup of Real Lemon, 2 cups of Sucralose (or other 0 calorie sugar substitute) and fill the rest of water.
I hope you enjoy these healthy tips for your bunco night!
Happy Holidays everyone!!
No related posts.